Tired of the classic vegan banana pancakes? Got old apples in the back of your fridge? Looking for a easy, healthy and tasty brunch recipe?
I got you covered with these Apple Pie Pancakes!
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup quick or rolled oats
- 2 apples (organic if possible)
- 1/2 cup plant-based mylk
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp cinnanmon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Maple syrup
- Roasted buckwheat*
(*optional, adapt to your preferences)
- Add the apples to a food processor and pulse until their are very finely chopped;
- Add the oats, plant-based mylk, lemon juice, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and salt, then process until everything is well combined;
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat (I used coconut);
- Form the pancakes (I made about 6) and flip them when golden brown and when you can see that the edges are dried out;
- Layer them with tahini and cover with your favorite toppings and maple syrup;
- Bon Appétit!
Tip: Double the quantities and freeze some for a quick breakfast during the week. When ready to enjoy just pop in your toaster on low and enjoy! Mood enhancing effect guaranteed 🙂