This is my favorite Brownie recipe, it’s vegan of course and it features zucchini. It’s easy, requires only one bowl, less then 10 ingredients and only 20 minutes of preparation time. It is also a perfect way to get your kids to eat more vegetables.
- 3/4 cup brown granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup (or substitute with brown sugar)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, lightly drained of excess moisture if necessary
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a baking dish (a loaf pan works perfect) .
- Combine sugar, mapple, oil, and flour until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Add cocoa, zucchini, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix until well combined using a rubber spatula. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes .
You can add some nuts on the top to make it look better, and I love to serve it with vegan ice-cream or homemade banana ice-cream, but it’s also very good on it’s own.
Easy. Healthy. Tasty.