This super easy and versatile tofu/ tempeh marinade recipe is my absolute GO TO and I can almost guarantee that it will get you hooked on tofu!
- 1 block of Firm Tofu (or Tempeh)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Press the tofu in a clean towel to remove extra moisture;
- Chop the tofu bloc to form sticks or cubes;
- Add the melted coconut oil, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and garlic powder;
- Let it marinate for minimum 10 minutes (the more the better);
- Add to a pan on medium-high heat and cook each side until golden brown (no need to add oil because we already have enough coconut oil in the marinade);
- Bake in a 375°F oven until golden (approx. 25 minutes).
Tip: Don’t move the tofu too much in the pan to obtain a crispy outer layer.